The Mission of CSAM
The mission of CSAM is to advance the ethical and compassionate treatment of addiction through physician-led education of health professionals, patients, and the public. The Society promotes practice, research, prevention, and implementation of evidence-based treatment and sound drug policy. We advocate for our patients, their families, and other support systems at all stages of care.
With over 700 members in California, CSAM is the largest state chapter of the American Society of Addiction Medicine (ASAM). CSAM is a thriving, growing Society that contributes to our national organization (ASAM) with impactful education, effective advocacy for members and their patients, and a track record of contributing to the establishment of access to high quality addiction treatment for all.
PUBLIC POLICY & ADVOCACY
- The annual Addiction Medicine Review Course and State of the Art Conference (alternating years). The CSAM conferences are of the premiere addiction medicine conferences in the country featuring nationally-known speakers on cutting-edge topics. CSAM is an accredited provider of Continuing Medical Education (CME).
- Biennial Leadership Development Retreat
- Public Policy and Advocacy program
- Resources for Physician Well-Being
- Local “Evenings of Addiction Medicine” and journal clubs offering discussion with colleagues on current clinical topics and research
- Outreach to primary care physicians to improve screening and treatment of addiction
- Training and scholarships to conferences for physicians-in-training
- Webinars with CME provided
- Newsletter and e-alerts on topics of interest to members
For more information about CSAM, call us: 415-764-4855 or email: email@example.com