Call for Poster Abstracts
CSAM 2023 Addiction Medicine Review Course and Board Exam Preparation Track Conference
Call for Poster Abstracts
DEADLINE: June 16, 2023
DEADLINE was June 30, 2023
The California Society of Addiction Medicine (CSAM) and the Medical Education Research Foundation (MERF) invite you and your colleagues to submit a poster abstract for the 2023 Addiction Medicine Review Course Conference. CSAM encourages physicians, residents, medical students, and non-physician healthcare professionals from diverse organizations and fields to apply.
Proposals may include projects that are in progress or those that will be done by the time of the conference, be relevant to addiction medicine education or practice, using evidence-based information. Proposals are invited from healthcare professionals as well as trainees involved in different aspects of providing addiction treatment. At CSAM we are committed to providing a platform for new and emerging talent (trainees, early career professionals), as well as seasoned practitioners.
Abstract submissions, except for case reports, should include the following elements:
- Abstract – include Introduction, Rationale, Methods, Results, Conclusions, etc.
- References – minimum of 3 scientific references that were used to create the abstract
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion – This should describe how your program/study took diversity, health equity, and addressing health disparities into consideration (as applicable).
- Methods and Evaluation – What did you do and how did you evaluate it?
- Outcomes/Results – What did you learn? Progress to date if not completed.
- Proposed impact on education or clinical practice related to substance use disorders – one or two key “take home” messages
- Abstracts must not exceed 400 words.
All authors must submit a financial disclosure form for the submission to be considered complete. One person from the poster submission is required to attend the conference.
ABSTRACT REVIEW PROCESS
All submissions will be peer-reviewed and scored by a panel of expert judges prior to the conference, based on the submission criteria:
- Relevance to addiction medicine education or practice
- Demonstration of evidence-based, innovative and emerging approaches to care
- Clarity and completeness of submission
- Use of brand names and/or corporate logos are expressly prohibited
Notification of acceptance will be sent by July 10, 2023. All presenters will be asked to confirm receipt of their notification and officially accept the invitation to present. If you do not receive a notification by that date, contact Felicia Price, firstname.lastname@example.org, to confirm acceptance or non-acceptance. CSAM is not responsible for notification emails not received due to incorrect contact information.
DEADLINE was June 30, 2023.